Yay for EVGA RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
furmark is a much better stability tester than ati tool IMO. if you paid for a gtx + and are concerned that it really isnt, on top of the fact that it is clocked lower than it should be...i would definitely call EVGA and discuss it with them. they are pretty helpful and will most likely send you the correct card.

He got it in an RMA

which brings up the interesting question if I RMA the 9800 GTX + ( even though its not a + ) will they be obligated to give me a 9800 GTX + back since the lifetime warranty says a 9800 GTX+ is registered under the warranty

I would think so. RMA should give you a equal or better card right. And they think its a 9800gtx.

oh awesome I just called again and they said they would cross shipment a 9800 gtx + to me, wooooo awesome!

I would have been a bit displeased if it wasnt cross shipped ( cause that means another 7 bucks shipping and another week my computer is out of comission ) but this is just totally awesome! Not only do I get free shipping from the cross shipping, but I get to use my computer with the current non + varient until the 9800 GTX+ arrives! This went WAY above my expectations...I didn't even ask for cross shipping on top of that, go EVGA!

PS: Strangely enough EVGA has 2 9800 GTX+ ( non OCed ) versions on their product page where the only difference is the part numbers and ones at 740 mhz and ones at 738 mhz and cost significantly more

man...you seriously can't beat that! Like I said before, it's definitely peace of mind when you buy their products.

*UPDATE* OMFG...the drama just keeps going on and on! This is what I discovered after reading a newegg review, too bad no one knew this vital piece of information...not even EVGA reps! LOL

"If you are using outdated software to view the card's specs, it will show up as 65nm not 55nm. GPU-z 2.8 shows 65nm, but GPU-z 3.0 shows the correct 55nm. There are no 65nm GTX+

This is the revised version of the GTX+ featuring ONE 6 pin PCI-e connector and has the new auto downclocking feature. To save power and heat when not in 3D intensive applications the card auto sets the core and memory clocks to 300/100. Hybrid built into the card if you will. This is not a con and as soon as you start a game the clocks will jump up to what ever you have them set for."

so that explains why theres 2 EVGA 9800 GTX+s, one is a revised edition with the hybrid thingy and only 1 6 pin power connector. Strangely enough I have the latest version of GPU Z and it still says 65nm...which I guess means its not a 9800 GTX + varient so I wonder which + Varient I will be getting.

furmark is a much better stability tester than ati tool IMO.

I have furmark but does the stability testing option notify you if theres an artifact or anything like ATI tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom