downloads disapear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok, before ANYONE says to "search" do not. I have been messing with this for the past 5 hours, I attempt to download a file, ANY file from the internet to the computer, be it the desktop or the download folder or anywhere, it downloads and goes through, once done downloading, the file disapears, this happens in IE7, IE8 B2, and Firefox 3.0.5, now I have reset everything, and am just short of reformatting, any one have any ideas? It isn't permission issues, I have full access to the machine.

I think it is AVG, had an old version forever on dial up, and now that I have high speed I was able to get all the updates, removed AVG and now I can download files... So does anyone have any good reconmendations for AV software?

Are you designating any one particular folder or just letting them go under your user account name? Try creating a new folder on the drive separate from the usual MS folders generally seen and even make a few sub folders for different types.

You will also want to look over all security settings in the version of Windows there like in Windows Mail or Outlook Express if you are not running one of the 7 betas. In WM or OE the option to not allow any download that may contain a virus setting has to be unchecked there. Have any firewalls installed? Windows, 3rd party, router?

AVG has never presented any problem like that unless the newer build's internet security and connect to server process is pulling down any on the dial up bandwidth. Please wait before posting too fast.

Vista Home Premium 64, I have attempted to download this to other drives and places outside of my user account, same thing, you see the file is there, but have no access to it, once you click ok on the download prompt it just goes away, no delete or anything, it just ups and vanishes, so far I am not the only one with this issue and AVG, do a quick google search, seems only way to fix it is to remove avg...

Which version of IE did you try 32bit or 64bit? FireFox wouldn't be 64bit there. If you haven't been using the 64bit version of IE that may be your problem since the 64bit editions see two IEs not one.

ive tried which ever one that came with the 64bit version of windows. But it is an issue with AVG, uninstalled and downloads work fine now, so anyone know why AVG is blocking my downloads? or how to stop this?

I think you would need to send some feedback to Grisoft on that one. It also depends on where you are downloading from since the new 8.0 build includes internet security of it's own and will block anything it sees as including spywares or adwares.

1209:How to disable AVG temporarily AVG Antivirus and Security Software - FAQ

I have a feeling it is an issue with it updating, because I am updating it from a rather old 8.0 installer, but I still don't understand why it even blocks AVG and Microsoft downloads unless them downloads are creating some sort of cookie since AVG sees nearly all cookies as adware...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom