USB drives not recognizing any devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattP

Baseband Member
I am somewhat computer savvy but theres still a lot I don't understand so please bare with me.

For the longest time I had been running a JVC stereo system threw USB along with cell phone and ipod chargers and never had any problems. Randomly one day I lost sound and couldn't get windows xp to recognize any device I plugged in via USB. I tried all the devices on a different computer and they worked no problem so I know that the problem is with my computer.

I use NOD32 and along with a bunch of online virus scans and nothing has turned up. I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue but I have no experience dealing with hardware problems. I really have no idea where to start looking and any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

First check to see if any of your other usb ports will recognize the device.
Next go into the bios to see if your usb ports are enabled.

If none of those work, you'll need to find out what motherboard you have than download chipset drivers. Drivers might have been corrupted.

My motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X Delux, I'm also browsing threw the Asus website trying to find where to download chipset drivers, I'll post the results when im done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom