First Build , Cpu Fan Probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my first build. Powered it up, and the CPU fan responds for a split second , and stops. Tried 2 different fans , same thing. Any suggestions?

Do you get anything on your monitor ? Does it boot up at all ? BSOD stop error codes ? I wouldnt assume the mobo before you try other things first. What are you seeing other than the fan starts then stops ?

Is the heatsink on correctly?

Disconnect all unnecessary components (ODD, HDD, lights, extra fans, etc). Try a different power supply.

Yeah, everything else turns on , LED's on mobo, other fans ( it's a p182 case), haven't plugged in monitor, but to do that i would need to run cpu for a minute, so I opted not to do that. This is my first build, first time all of these new components have been assembled. I have tried 2 different fans, a zerotherm nv120, and a sunbeam core contact freezer.

Yes, it depends on your motherboard. Some mobos the RAM needs to be in specific slots. You can refer to your mobo manual to check. The fans will do that for a second, even if the RAM is in wrong spot. Not saying that is it, but you could check your manual if you have one. Most likely you do if you bought your mobo seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom