A new monitor - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksct

Solid State Member
Hi guys and thanks for any help on this.

i am looking to get a new monitor, since the one i have is 15" (ie rubbish :D), and my parents will pay up to £150.

Dell : Dell Dell<SUP>TM</SUP> SP2009W 20-Inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor With Webcam : Displays : Home & Home Office

I found this one beically because it's on offer, but im not sure if it is that good. is there anything better? or is this suitable?

i dont think i want anything bigger than 20", but what do you think?

i play games (cod4 mostly) and i believe w/screen is ok for cod4 so thats not a porblem.

thanks again

if you want a 20" can anyone say " SEXY OFFER BELOW!"

Samsung SM2032BW 20"TFT Monitor Widescreen 1680x1050 3000:1 300cd/m2 2ms VGA/DVI-D Glossy Black 3 Years Onsite Warrany - Ebuyer

£70 off! Never had that monitor but it's normally expensive samsung it must be good.:p

again if you want 22" widescreen

Samsung SM2220LM 22" TFT Monitor 1680x1050 1000:1 300cd/m2 5ms VGA Glossy Black 3 Years On-Site Warranty - Ebuyer

another good offer on a samsung.

Now i personally bought my monitor from these guys for Christmas. The one i got, an LG, doesn't seem to be there anymore but Samsung are one of the best, if not the best, monitor brand. Here's another 22" samsung for £135 roughly

Samsung SM2243BW 22" TFT Monitor 1680x 8000:1 300cd/m2 5ms Response H/Adjust VGA/DVI Silver 3 Years On-Site Warranty - Ebuyer

It looks a little sleeker and better looking in my opinion then the other 22" on offer which i posted, they have the same contrast ratio and all that.

If you want 20" I'd say jump on that offer above because it's a very good deal, if not these two will be very good, i got a 22" myself and i love it, i was like " woo this is big" at first but you get used to it really quickly and i love it now.

HAHA! we just linked to the same monitor but different sites, amazons is even cheaper. Sure if you want 20" It's 2ms, very good looking monitor.

But if you want to get something a little bigger then those two i linked to will fare you well.

the 20' that joey listed is good, might want to look at a 22" though, some people don't care if they have 5ms monitors as they say they can't tell the difference, but i would much rather a 2ms, but it is really on how the monitor handels the grey to grey, as you can get 5ms that is great and a 2ms thats terrible. Id Buy samasung or dell though (dells are basically re-branded samsungs) lg would be my next choice after those.

Samsung is always a trusted brand but I would suggest a 22" monitor instead. I recently purchased this HP monitor and I love it.
Newegg.com - HP w2207h Black 22" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor DC 3000:1(2000:1) - LCD Monitors

It's got hdmi inputs also in case you want to plug in an xbox or ps3.

I'm not sure how much that would translate into your currency but if you can find a good deal on an HP then go with that. Their montiors are crisp and clear and very glossy so they look stunning. I was at a computer store and I saw this one side buy side with other top notch monitors like Samsung, LG, Dell, Viewsonic, Acer and Sceptre and hands down this one looked the best so I had to take it then and there. They also make it in a 20" model if you're interested in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom