SurgeVel's Extreme Home Office Makeover Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you thank you. Ok all, I have the 5400 OC'd to 3.22GHz and everything is very stable. According to HWMonitor and CoreTemp, I am at 25-30C on 100% load. However, according to the BIOS monitor, I am at 38-40C at idle. Which is right?

Considering you haven't overclocked yet and that the 5400+ is a 65 Watt chip. Then yeah, your temps look accurate.

But keep in mind that Coretemp doesn't always give the correct temps when it comes to Brisbane chips. So go with the temps from Hardware monitor instead.

Yeah no.

You realize that 12C is 53F which means his ambient temp would likely need to be in the mid to high 40's.

I doubt that's the case. Sounds like a bad DTS to me.

Yeah no.

You realize that 12C is 53F which means his ambient temp would likely need to be in the mid to high 40's.

I doubt that's the case. Sounds like a bad DTS to me.

That's what I was thinking. I was like, "There is no way this cpu is that cold!" Especially since it maxes at like 26C on full load at 3.22GHz currently. I am guessing the system's 40C idle is more accurate and that I am around a 50-60C 100% load temp since the temps rise about 15C in HWMonitor when going from idle to load.

brisbanes will load, yes, around 50-65* C depending on your voltage (and ambient temps of course).
idle should be in the 30-45* range.

i think it was nvidia monitor that got closest to the correct temps with my chips, like within 2-3*C. i could never find another utility to come even close to the actual temps.

lol...sweet.
i know and then yer like "pump the voltage 2.0V FTW this thing runs super cool!"
i wonder how many brisbanes have been fried by no0bs due to that faulty sensor they have, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom