USB as a CD Image (iso) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I have an .iso image in my harddrive and was wondering if I could install it on a usb flash drive and treat it like a cd. Usually I'd have to have daemon tools to mount the iso from USB but i was wondering if I could somehow make it directly read from the USB without needed a virtual cd drive.

hi i have a avi file on my usb and it plays i think as long as you have the space on your usb drive for the file it will be fine why not try it if it works great if not delete it

I have an .iso image in my harddrive and was wondering if I could install it on a usb flash drive and treat it like a cd. Usually I'd have to have daemon tools to mount the iso from USB but i was wondering if I could somehow make it directly read from the USB without needed a virtual cd drive.

I assume you want to use this for Windows7...? or something similar
If you can get it on your mem stik in the right format and you have the option to boot from mem stick, then i don't see why not...

The only way you could do this would be to use software like MagicISO to Extract the ISO to the USB Thumb Drive as is. You cant just put the ISO on the thumb Drive and have it act like a Virtual Drive. It wont work that way.

Unless you can make the PC simulate a ISO Burn to the USB Thumb Drive as if it was burning it to a CD/DVD.

Other than that no you can not accomplish this. If this is Windows 7 use Virtual Clone Drive by slysoft. It is free adn it will create your Virtual Drive for you.

Just use Virtual Clone Drive. You can put the .iso on the USB drive but you'll need VCD to mount the ISO on a CD drive (it sets up a CD drive that uses a virtual driver).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom