Static Pre-Cautions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
So I'm gunna be building my 1st PC tonight, but I'm slightly worried about static killin my parts...if I wear shoes, will my stuff be safe? I know that just socks are a bad idea, but not sure about shoes lol

I know that the best bet is to keep touching the back of the case, but just trying to be as safe as possible with this...

In all of my years building machines I have never had any problems with static electricity. I think it is a very overstated problem. Just ground yourself before you do anything. Don't worry.

yeah its not a big deal, most of the time. although...if it is cold and dry you will have to watch it a little more. if you can build on a table, say the dining room, and stand on a wood or tile floor...i would suggest that...just as a precaution.
there's no way i would build on carpet in the winter. every time i touch metal, my wife, a cat, the dog, a light switch after walking around my house i get a shock.

You can pick up an anti-static wristband for under $10 if you're really worried about it. Good way to protect against static.

meh, i have built quite a few computers and not once had a problem, i just touch a non painted part of the case or psu every few minutes. Honestly an anti-static ristband is not neccisary IMO, but if your totally worried about it you could get one like jorsoft said.

Shocking the cat is the best part. Just make sure you touch the bare metal on the case before pulling any parts out of their bags. Heck, alot of stuff these days doesnt even come in a static bag anymore.

I don't worry about static.

I build all my computers naked :eek:

:p:p:p

lolwut.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom