Gaming Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPI is not the same as sensitivity. Why can you adjust both independently if they're different? I play all my games at 4000dpi, and I'll just lower the sensitivity for general play. For a quick drop in pointer speed, you drop the DPI in-game so you can have a less dramatic mouse speed (e.g. sniping).
Good point about DPI ≠ sensitivity. People tend to think of them as interchangable.

They pretty much in every sense the same. Dpi makes it smoother and the higher, the smoother, and faster. Sensitivity is just how much distances on the mouse pad it takes to jump, thats why having a high sensitivity and low dpi makes the mouse jump or stutter a bit. But you can say the same thing when it is in the sense of dpi, i call dpi sensitivity level usually when it is understood that i mean dpi. But thats just me.

PC gaming in general is a much smaller community. It's hard to be a casual gamer (as most are) and be a pc gamer.

Most "casual" gamers game more then I do. Then again my only favorite game of all time is oogling at the FPS meter when I have fraps running. Seriously its so distracting some times, that I forget I m even playing a game :D

"DPI is how small the detail the mouse can track; sensitivity is how much the software will move whatever is being moved in the direction the mouse is indicating."

That is what i was saying? Since it can recongnize more it is smoother, when on a high dpi it recongnizes more, there for is smoother, it doesn't have to move as much, so it is faster....Quote isn't working on this computer for some reason, thats why i did not quote the post.

I wouldn't mind getting the mouse, but i just got the lachesis, and to be honest, 1600 dpi isn't worth it for me, 4000 is good enough for now. I can already move over my entire 22" monitor in less then an inch of the mouse moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom