SurgeVel's Extreme Home Office Makeover Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
This is a place holder thread for my build log and home office makeover. I have all the internals, but the case, psu, speakers, OS, and wifi adapter all come today, so once I have them all, I will begin updating this thread with pics and greatness! Basically, I am moving my laptop, setting up my desktop in the home office, putting up a small speaker system, and in the future I hope to add a second monitor for business and programming uses! (I hate switching windows to view the program descriptions and then back to eclipse).

Here is what you can expect: detailed pics of the parts, detailed pics of a few steps in the build process, before/after pics of the office space, and if you are lucky a pick of my beautiful girlfriend modeling the computer and its features :p

I will have to update everything tonight. I was rather busy last night. It is all up and running great!

A quick comment though: Do 5400+ BE's usually have idle temps of the teens? I am getting both coretemp and hwmonitor to say my cpu is at 12C idle and around 20C load. I am using the Sunbeam Core Contact, but I still didn't think these temps were possible.

028.JPG

029.JPG

030.JPG

034.JPG

035.JPG

036.JPG

037.JPG

038.JPG

The heatsink was so huge, it was only a centimeter from being TOO big!
039.JPG

Considering you haven't overclocked yet and that the 5400+ is a 65 Watt chip. Then yeah, your temps look accurate.

But keep in mind that Coretemp doesn't always give the correct temps when it comes to Brisbane chips. So go with the temps from Hardware monitor instead.

Now I just need that second monitor, some overclocking, etc. Anyone have any comments on my rather low core temps? Right now they get as low as in the single digit temps, which I am guessing can't be right!

EDIT: Ok thanks Hussein!

Your monitor is probably a 19" widescreen. So that Asus 4830 should be more then enough when it comes to gaming.

Looking nice...I wish I had a nice desk, or room for a home office type thing. :p

Love that desk. Where did you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom