q6600 vs other quads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
I noticed on newegg that the q6600's cache is displayed as 2x4mb. none of the other quads have theirs displayed like this. what is the difference?

That is because the Q6600 is not a "true" quad core processor. It uses 2 dual-cores stuck together to make it quad. So each dual-core processor has 4MB of L2 Cache available to it.

like my q9300 is 2 e7200's stuck together on one chip. i would consider any cpu that has 4 (physical) cores to be a quad. i dont know what all this talk of the core 2 quads being not "true" quad cores.

like my q9300 is 2 e7200's stuck together on one chip. i would consider any cpu that has 4 (physical) cores to be a quad. i dont know what all this talk of the core 2 quads being not "true" quad cores.

a true quad core is a quad with 4 cores on one die. alot of them have been bug prone to date took amd quite alot to get it out of there procs and now intel is faced with the same problem.

well i still think it is silly to call it not a true quad core. sounds like those people are haters or jellous. what is the "true" definition of a quad core any ways?

See, I didn't know of any this.
Where can I go about learning all this?
Is there a book on the latest technology with brief explanations like this?

Sorry for thread jacking, but it was already answered, and its relevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom