Gaming Mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could handle 5600dpi. It wouldn't be that big of a jump.

The extra sensitivity is very nice once you can control it. It sounds insane, but it's not

Agreed; I thought 4000dpi was going to be a lot...but once I got used to it, I love it.

I can get 50-1 in CS:S against bots, and that's when it's about 7 vs 2 (i.e. I only have one bot on my team, who I pretty much only use as bait.)

I usually still win when it's 1 vs 3, when they're using guns and I'm using a knife.

tl;dr, play against humans for a better challenge.

If the software algorithms are not very good, I can understand the former.
But the latter I don't buy at all. Lower DPI is less precise, because it isn't tracking as much detail of the surface.

Just about everybody I see or hear from that moves to a higher sensitivity mouse, will say that their accuracy improves.

i suggest you give a good read through this : CS:S Mouse Optimization Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
and if you seriously believe higher sensitivity gives you more accuracy, i suggest you get in matches with half decent people on css or cod4 or an aim based game, and ask them what DPI they use.

Counter Suck is for nubs rofl

your opinion, but based on facts CSS is the most competetive game and has the biggest skill gap, so it takes skill to be up there with the top.

i suggest you give a good read through this : CS:S Mouse Optimization Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
and if you seriously believe higher sensitivity gives you more accuracy, i suggest you get in matches with half decent people on css or cod4 or an aim based game, and ask them what DPI they use.
I play against friends, some of which are very good (one of which, would regularly be way on top against people online). From my own experience, I know that higher DPI mice are better, and I do better with them.

Well im a console gamer, and trust me, IT TAKES BALLS to be a console gamer on a PC forum. That and no money.

PC gaming in general is a much smaller community. It's hard to be a casual gamer (as most are) and be a pc gamer. PC gamers tends to be more into it as a hobby and they tend to play titles that are more oriented towards a certain crowd than console games. On the console you have mostly RPGs FPS and party games. On the you can have some very interesting combination and crossovers, not to mention simulators, RTS, adventure games etc.

i

DPI is not the same as sensitivity. Why can you adjust both independently if they're different? I play all my games at 4000dpi, and I'll just lower the sensitivity for general play. For a quick drop in pointer speed, you drop the DPI in-game so you can have a less dramatic mouse speed (e.g. sniping).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom