Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know were not supposed to question the rankings on this thread but uh...why does a 4850 512mb rank higher then a 4850 1gb? That doesn't make any sense...surely more video memory doesn't make a card worse? Is there something I'm missing here?

I know were not supposed to question the rankings on this thread but uh...why does a 4850 512mb rank higher then a 4850 1gb? That doesn't make any sense...surely more video memory doesn't make a card worse? Is there something I'm missing here?

In the 4850 cases no it doesn't make it worst. However there are plenty of cards that are slower when more ram is added. 1. because they can't address it all and 2. because they put slower ram in them. Its usually in the lower end cards and manufacturers toss more ram on there to make people think their far better than they really are.

I don't like tomshardware, the results are always wacky....for example in those charts it shows CF 3870s outperforming cf 4870s? come on now.....

The 4850x2 is indeed faster than a GTX 280

I agree> A lot of us here don't count Tom's as a reliable source anymore after some very embarrassing and stupid articles they made. I think we need to officially state that Tom's is not a reliable source for tech articles anymore.

where actually making our ways up in the google searches now last few times ive googled stuff ive found a thread about it here im liek dangit im allready a member trying to find liek a mricale or something lol.

I was just looking for some sort of tech forums when I googled "tech forums" and found this place just over 2 months ago. It was the first on the list obviously.

my old GTA4 tweak guide is #1 showed, it kind a works but not the best solution. I request for any mod to please delete it!

http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/gta-4-tweaking-performance-fixing-issues-guide-194514/

i also request to name change my new one to: "GTA4 Tweak Guide: Easiest way to Tweak for Better Performance"

PLEASE DO THIS! For everyone who is looking desperately for tweaking GTA4, the newest method i found works!

http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/check-worked-easiest-way-unlock-restrictions-gta4-pc-195548/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom