How far will technology go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a firm believer that they realized that they were ****ed and wouldn't last until 2012, so there was no need to make party night dates past then ;)

If a lot of people believe something could happen, then it might. i.e. self-fulfilling prophecy.

exacly i could beleive that some nut would do something just to fullfill it so he could be the one to do it. not alot of people know this but 9/11 happend on the day it did because osama wanted t o fullfill a profecie made by plato or something like that not sure if it was him or the original planer. all i know is they did it on that day specificaly to full fill a profecy. no i didnt hear it from any conspiracy vids either. learnt about it in philosophy in shcool.

There is along way to go.

Yes, computing power is advancing at an astonishing rate, which probably wont slow any time soon. They are currently building a supercomputer that can recreate the synapses of a cat brain, ie, each transistor replicates one. But, guess what, it wont be as intelligent as a cat brain... cause of software.

Theres still along way to go, i would say on the software side of things - and i think thats going to be slower as things get more complex. ****, we still cant make cars that drive by themselves without hitting things. I think its great how people think we will be able to replicate a human brain in a few years, totally forgeting a little thing called conciousness that we still have no idea about...anyway.

As for power though, quantum computing has already seen proof of concept, so we might be seeing one of those 'trying' to power Crysis 11 in a few decades.

Oh and I bet out of all this 2012 BS, there is someone making a mint. I should start selling tickets to heaven on ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom