Thermaltake 850i LCS any good??

Status
Not open for further replies.
answer to your question, no its not good u don't want it. i dont know enough about liquid cooling to point you in the right dirction, aspire usually does that around here, but to get a few details out of the way, u might want to tell us first, how much are u willing to spend and what all are u looking to hook up to your loop?

any standard GPU waterblock will fit the 4870...I use a maze4 on mine and it gives me about 30-33C load temps.

You have to buy some heatsinks for the VRMs though and it's a good idea to have a fan blowing across them.

oh, and don't buy the thermaltake kit.

Give me details on your specs, what you want cooled, what case you have, and how much money you'd like to spend.

For a mid range water cooling setup, cooling a CPU and GPU be prepared to drop between 275-350 dollars (new) depending on options.

If your alright buying used, which I do a lot of, you can get similar parts for around $200.

grab either the D-Tek FuZion (Petra's Tech Shop) or the Swiftech Apogee (Petra's Tech Shop) to cool the CPU...

if you wanna keep the 4870 for a while, consider a full cover block like this -> Petra's Tech Shop

or if you think you'll upgrade soon and wanna keep the same block, try this one -> Petra's Tech Shop or Petra's Tech Shop

then a Laing D5 (Petra's Tech Shop) and a Swiftech MCR-320 rad (Petra's Tech Shop) will give you great performance and plenty of expandability

you'll also, obviously, need tubing, barbs, clamps, thermal paste, biocide, etc and you'll be up and running!

Instead of the Laing D5 go for a DDC 3.2 with an aftermarket top.

The XSPC Restop is great,

then go for the D-tek Fuzion V2 as I'm pretty sure your card is non reference.

Use ramsinks for the memory on it.

Pair it with either Tygon R-3400 or A-60-G tubing for a no maintenance loop.

Use plain distilled water with biocide.

an MCR220 or 320 depending on size contraints, either will give you great temps. (Trust me, I've owned both).

F

just my two cents, but if you have a reference card and it will fit, i'd get that full cover block bongwizard linked. it covers the VRMs and dude im telling you they get smoking hot on a 1gb even with heatsinks.
i just dont know how well that block will work. better than sinks, i would assume.
petra's have these custom sinks for a 4870:
Petra's Tech Shop

that "supposedly" work **** loads better than normal heatsinks. kinda pricey though.

You can buy my Apogee GTX. It will be a nice addition to your loop.

Without the copper top I would avoid it if you plan on using any other copper parts in you loop, like most gpu blocks.

And in my opinion at least, $50 seems a bit steep when you can buy a Fuzion V1 for $48 new from Petras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom