Upgrading my old computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
longer than the q8200...that thing is a piece of junk. i'd suggest the e8400 or a q6600 if you cant afford a 45nm quad and have need of 4 cores. if you dont, the e8400 is the best bet. its a great chip.

Dell Computers for the most part are good systems yet like all mass produced computers thay use the cheapest components more often than not. Your choice of an Intel 6600 Cpu is a great choice this is a hot rod cpu you can overclock the **** out of it. but its defalt speed is quite fine. You can also consider better memory modules everyone likes corsair modules they are pricey. checkout Fatallity.com they make ******* memory modules and they are cheaper + you can overclock them too yet also defalt settings will make you computer walk the walk. Does you computer have SATA? its two years old so it should. Consider SeaGate Hard drives they rock they are said to run hot but i dont see this in my gaming rig. There are many online sites to buy componets for your pc and you can save big $ Remember think before you blink.

I would go back to my provisional build after all it is agaming pc and the one I suggested would beat the 9800gtx easily. Yours however a better all rounder but your getting a crossfire mobo with a nvidia gfx card why spend the extra $5 on crossfire then not get a gfx card which could later use it.

Pubic_Hair.ashx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom