How far will technology go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
Wasen't sure if this was the correct spot for this thread, if not, help me out :).
As we all know, technology is forwarding into the future at a very fast rate, coming out with new things left and right. They obviously are producing more and more performance.
Eventually, do you think that the companies will reach a halt of performance, because they cannot find anything to match up with the previous performance?
I've always wondered this, because I believe there has to be some kind of halt, unless we go into producing something much more advanced. (Than it already is)
I'd say in a very short time, a typical build will be able to run everything on the menu, and the only thing left to do is benchmarks.
Anyone else feel this way, and what are your opinions of this halt in the technological future?
I by all means am looking for a directional opinion, and thoughts.

Just wanted to know what you think.
: )

There is plenty to do my friend computing wise.

Lets take for example a stone wall you see in a game. Eventually things will get so fast and powerful, developers are just gonna say: "Stuff using a Bump Map shader... lets use 500,000 polygons to model all of those little crevasses and indentations."

But i actually just think it will stay around the same because dont forget that monitors are going to get better and cheaper, so you will be needing all the extra power to power a 5040x3150 monitor.

i saw a video that theory shows in like 2025 or so 1 computer will be powerful enough to run the world (i'm assuming a super computer...not our desktops lol. maybe roadrunner II?)

Countdown, I bet you no company will be proud of producing the chip that runs it :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom