setting up raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark strike RAID10 and RAID0+1 are different things ;). In RAID0+1 a single drive fail will cause it to becomes a raid0 array until rebuilt with a new working drive.

You also get raid50 (otherwise known as raid0+3) come on people do your research!!!

I never mentions Raid 0+1??? I mentioned Raid 1+0, and was just saying that IT people don't usually use the term "Raid ten" usually use the term "Raid one plus zero." Yes, both are almost the same but reversed.

Its cool lol.

But I would do Raid 5, more HDD space, and same read speed as Raid 1+0.

If you wanted to do Raid 1+0, you could, but the performance increase in games and software wouldn't jump at all. The only thing you would notice is installation and download writing will be faster.

and its not like i said raid ten how do u know that i dont mean raid one zero when i write raid 10

but srsly lets say i download a lot would raid 10 be better or raid 5 and where would raid 01 fit if i had something that would do it

Dark strike RAID10 and RAID0+1 are different things ;). In RAID0+1 a single drive fail will cause it to becomes a raid0 array until rebuilt with a new working drive.

You also get raid50 (otherwise known as raid0+3) come on people do your research!!!

I believe it is sometimes called 53 not 50

EDIT: wow I'm slow at typing :) insanepsycho: your controller will probably only support either RAID 10 or RAID 01 not both. If you download a lot RAID 5 would be better because it has better storage efficiency than 10.

ok so i should def go with raid 5 then... but please someone there has to be a way that i can not lose data and have to go thru and reinstall everything

u bring up a good point if i did that id only need three disks and a boot drive
would i be able to image my boot drive over to the raid 5 disks and then add another disk to the array(aka the original boot disk)?
nvm i dont think that would work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom