Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a HL2 mod I think. That's the only FPS I know of.

Well the Civil War was over Means of Production, political stances, and social reform. South monopolized slavery for its goods. That wasn't cool with the prez and other peeps. A few south dawgs wanted to leave the union. Secession was uncool with the idea of unity in a country.

It could be awesome, I'd play it if it was pulled off well.

I think the political backsplash from Vietnam is keeping devs from venturing into that arena as well. That was a very unpopular war, and I don't think they even want to go there.

I dont think it needs to be centralized around a war. If you look at bf2, it used existing armies (+MEC) and made a fictional war, and that game was hugely succesful. And theres no political stuff involved, because they don't give reasons for anything. They're just fighting.... :rolleyes:

Good point there tim lad. Even more of an extreme COD4 was just a made up civil war and with countries in the middle east etc.

Political correctness drives me crazy when it comes to video games. There are dozens of WWII games out there, but only a certain amount allow you to play the Germans in single player story type game (Call of Duty games in particular, they allowed them in multiplayer for obvious reasons but never thought about seeing it from a German perspective).

One of the more noticeable games that do offer it IMO is the expansion for Company of Heroes, which let's you play as the "Panzer Elite", which is probably a politically correct form of the Waffen SS (you know, the Nazi soldiers) which kind of disappoints me considering how much the SS contributed to the German war effort.

Insurgency is probably the most delicate war game type out there, but they get away from much controversy since it's just a mod for HL2. Considering it pits US marines versus insurgents which you can control and kill US soldiers (multiplayer only though), it would make a very controversial product if such a game would enter the market.

Well, the germans had two parts to their "army", there was the SS, yes, and they performed some of the more shady work... but the Wehrmacht were the more official army, whilst the SS were bodyguards....

But i have to agree, that political correctness goes too far in these sorts of things....
Its actually quite similar to Prince Harry going to a fancy dress party dressed as a Nazi. People said, its not historical, its too recent, and then they teach us about it in history...?!?!?!

Just me havin a rant.... its been a long day :p

There's a fairly large difference in teaching history to dressing up as history.

Well, the germans had two parts to their "army", there was the SS, yes, and they performed some of the more shady work... but the Wehrmacht were the more official army, whilst the SS were bodyguards....

But i have to agree, that political correctness goes too far in these sorts of things....
Its actually quite similar to Prince Harry going to a fancy dress party dressed as a Nazi. People said, its not historical, its too recent, and then they teach us about it in history...?!?!?!

Just me havin a rant.... its been a long day :p

Yep, with the original game and the expansion you can pick between the Wehrmacht and the "Panzer Elite" armies in multiplayer.

CoH is really the only RTS to really get WWII down very well, IMO. Most other WWII RTS games I've played are just spamming units and watch them sit there and shoot till they kill or get killed. CoH adds more sophistication I think to the gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom