fried hardware plee for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

piktfencecartel

Beta member
i have a tascam us 122 and a midiman oxy8 keyboard. i was reorganizing some things and with complete stupidity i plug a 12 volt dc outlet into my 4.5 volt usb hub. both of these are plugged into that hub and now do not work. does anyone know a way to fix this? i don't want to have to buy new equiptment, cuz i'm just a poor college student, so fixing is always better. if anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

does the stuff that was pluged into the hub work if u plug them strait to the pc? or is it just the hub thats not working?

this may not solve your prob, but this happend to me once... i mixed up the 9v router cable, and pluged it into the 12v modem. the only thing that i needed to replace was the router power adapter.. but u may have the oposte problem. your power adapter is prolly ok, the hub maybe fried.

i've tried pluggin it all in to my pc, no go. i even got another hub and nothing. thank god my laptop isn't fried those usb connects work fine. there is no damage to the eye on either. my tascam (which i am most worried about) is still under warrenty i think i might just take it to the retailer and say it suddenly stopped working and not give them the whole story.....or pay to get it fixed but if i can fix it myself then i shall.

pull the mobo out flip it over and look for a burnt trace .If you can find the prob there just resauder it .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom