**** I dropped my laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says you have to say that?
Just let them know the screen all the sudden one day went loose, and it stopped working.

The warranty should go through fine :)

Who says you have to say that?
Just let them know the screen all the sudden one day went loose, and it stopped working.

The warranty should go through fine :)

best bet they recently did a call abck for there loose screens. just say it was loose you picked it up and the screen fliped back and fell off.

Well so far so good. I'm on the phone with someone that speaks CLEAR english!!!! He's sending out a prepaid box for me to ship it to them. The turn around time is 7-9 days. I honestly expected it to be much worse. I told him about a week ago it started clicking when I opened the laptop and all of a sudden it finally popped and gave way. And it's in the state it is in now. He said from what I've said it is covered, but he doesn't make the call. Once they receive it it's inspected and then approved/denied. So I'm hoping it gets approved. My laptop looks perfect. But I hope the break looks like my stories correct lol... Thanks for the info guys. Any other recommendations? Should I twist a screw sideways or yank some out? haha

Do not crack the screen. They will see that as your fault and not cover it. Instead call them and tell them the screen will not come on and that is that. they will send a box for you to ship it in and fix it. Chances are they will not ask question but if they are wondering why it came the way it did just play dumb and say unless it was damaged in shipping there should be no cosmetic issues.

He called them up but I believe he said a more tailored down version of the the actual story as he is the type of guy to be very honest and truthful.

True story: I launched myself from the door over the armrest and onto a sofa he was at a desk just past the sofa and mid air my hand flicked the corner of his screen I didn't even notice and he didn't at first as we were chatting. Looked back and there was nice crack from the corner to just under the corner on the opposite side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom