Status
Not open for further replies.

kidmar

Beta member
Here is what I would like to buy:

Core 2 Duo E8400 (€175)
Asus P5Q-E (€157)
ATI Sapphire HD 4830 512MB (€125)
2x Kingmax 2GB DDR2-1066 Unknown CAS (€25 each)
Fortron Epsilon 600Watt (€78)

I had planned to spent about €500 but I'm at €585 atm so I Don't want to spend more :D
I would like (when its price will be half then now) to get another HD4830 for crossfire, but not now.
I'm not an overclocker and I don't think this system will be oc'ed.

Here are my questions:
Is the P5Q-E too much for this pc? Should I look for something cheaper? I would get the P5Q-Pro but it's out of stock in my shop and the price difference isn't much.

Should I get 2x Corsair 2GB DDR2-800 CAS 4 (€34 each) instead of the Kingmax? Would it worth the price considered they are 800mhz instead of 1066mhz?

Thinking about 2x HD4830 in crossfire, is the PSU enough/too much? Maybe a Chieftec APS-500S 500Watt can handle it?

Please tell me what you think about it I need someone convincing me i'm having a good choice for this price :D

If you are not overclocking than you can go for a cheaper skt775 mobo like the gigabyte ep45. a great and stable mobo.

what are the timings on the ram, once again if not planning on overclocking you wont notice a big difference.

that psu is enough to handle crossfire

side note: whats the difference in price for a Q6600 where you are. if youre a gamer go for the E8400 but if you use cpu intensive programs the Q6600 might be the way to go

For the mobo I found a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P priced €150 so maybe the asus one is better for just €7 more. I didn't find any cheaper GB mobo ep45 with crossfire support.

For the ram i'll get the cheap 1066 one then...if i'll decide to oc I can always get better ram.

The difference for the quad cpu is about €5, but I use this pc 90% for playing and 10% watching movies so I don't think I'll need a lower frequency qcore.
I read that the dual core should perform better till games will support all cores.

well thank you for your reply!

I would go ahead and get the Gigabyte EP45-DS3P since it is a little cheaper and is a excellent motherboard.

I see the Gigabyte modo supports DDR3.
Should I get them?
My shop has the Corsair 4GB Kit 2*2GB DDR3-1600 at €120.
Will I have better performances working with 1600mhz instead of 1066?
If we're talking about 2~3 FPS I wouldn't spend that much, but if we're talking about 10~15 FPS and in general a faster system I could get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom