System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereds

Solid State Member
Hi all,
from the past few days i am having trouble with my computer :(. The problem occur when i try to use my system restore. It seem that no matter which date i choose i canot be restore back.(just boot the com and error occcur saying the com cannot be restore back). Can someone tell me what i must do ?

If you have installed a service pack for windows, or have installed a "Cannot be removed" update for windows from the Windows Update site, you usually cannot do a system restore to a point before the update.

when did this start happening? did you install anything? antivirus or something? or a different utility like goback? give some details on what you last did and when this started happening. suppose you could try running it at command prompt. also, when doing system restore disconnect any xtra things like printers, cams, etc. here is what to do in Dos:

goto c:\%systemroot%\system32\restore\

(use boot disk if need be to get to Dos). to change directories its
cd <directory name>... dir /p shows a list of whats in the directory... cd.. goes back one in the directory. oh yeah, %systemroot% is whatever you have for system folder. could be windows, or winnt, or whatever. when you finally get to this (I'll put MY system folder, but yours maybe different) C:\winnt\system32\restore\ you type in:

rstrui.exe <enter>

then continue on from there, just make sure to disconnect un needed periphs.

hmm.. i not very sure.Guess it happen before i realise it. Another things also happen to my internet explorer but i think it difficult to explain here without any picture.I will post it as soon i get home from school. By the way, thanks to those who try to help me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom