which speakers should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghosty

Baseband Member
Hi all
I am thinking of a speaker upgrade and was caught in the choice of the CREATIVE INSPIRE 5.1 and the Logitech X-620. Both are at my budget range but the logitech one is $10 more expensive. I will be using them primarily for games and listening to mp3. any suggestions guys?

ya thats what I thought too... as i was reading some reviews on it on adrealine vault. and it got some pretty high scores... however dude the fact that I have quite a big rooom i was wondering if the wires they provide would allow me to wire it all the way to the back of my room

They usually come with fairly long wires, but if you are planning on hooking them up in the back of your room you might have to buy some of your own speaker wire to make it. But definitely go with the logitechs.

hhmmm thirtysixbelow:
I am sorry but I am not very good at this ... but erm.. what wires should I get for speaker wires? or do I just go to a hardware shop and ask them for it?

Well if you got a 'high end' speaker system you want to get 'better than normal' speaker wire. Go to like Radioshack is where you'd easily find it...BUT...on the topic of a high end speaker system..the speaker wires are rated on gauge kind of like a shotgun =P the lower the gauge the thicker the wire thus the more 'bandwidth' it can handle and more gauraunteed stability. Soooo if I were you I'd run to radioshack whenever you get your speakers if the wires are too short and get some low gauge speaker wire...if it turns out I got my gauges backwards then get the high gauge lol either way you want thicker wires.

Thicker wires = better

Thats usually the case if you have a major entertainment center and you got a massive subwoofer and amp and stuff then you NEED those thick ass wires so they don't melt under heavy loads =)

I would not go out and buy some 8 gauge monster cable for my computer speakers, I have never seen any set of computer speakers that was more than a total of 200 watts. Like 10-20 watts per satt and then 100 to the sub, but the sub is inside wired. I would get the Logitechs and buy some cheap wire, the thinner, the cheaper and more length you can get and thinner is also eaider to hide.

well yeah lol I wasn't saying he absolutely NEEDED thick ass 8 gauge monster cables I said 'Thats for mainly high end entertainment centers' now didnt I. But still to protect his investment dont just get 'cheap ole speaker wires' atleast put a little thought into it and maybe spend an extra $5 on a decent pair of speakerwire. Twas all I saying....OH YEAH PLUS THE FACT HE ASKED WHAT IT WAS AND ALL :rolleyes:

i recently bought the logitech Z-560's and thought they were great at first but the darned bass box had this annoying vibrating sound kinda like when theres something loose in a car's sound system in the trunk and it rattles and vibrates. crap, i spent $200 on them and am going to return them today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom