Finished Rig what do u think

Status
Not open for further replies.
screw the Ram and DVD drive, just get 1 stick 512 ddr400 cas 2.5 for around $80 or cheaper.

that saves u $200 bucks, witch u can add to the Vid card equalling $400 bucks... and u can get the evga 6800GT Doom3 bundle for that. that will equal Game play X infinity, compaired to that 9800 and stupid cas2 ram

Not a bad idea indeed...get the eVGA 6800 GT and since they put the same heatsink on all 3 of their 6800 models I hear its easy to overclock it up to Ultra standards.

well then what would be a good socket 939 mobo and a processor to go with that? also why would getting a socket 754 be a waste of money?

right now i dont know witch 939 is best.. but later in the year AMD will release all a64's in socket 939. and thy maybe cheaper then 754 is now.

754 isnt a waste of money... its only a waste of money if your trying to make a gaming PC. 754's upgrade capacity is limited, and it doesnt support Dual channel ram.

(Note- ram sold in pair's (example- 1gig[2x512]) is not any different then buying each 512 seperately, its usually cheaper to buy them seperate)

(Duel channel ram) isnt a kind of ram... its only a description of the type of setup its used in... u can use any kind of ram in Dual channel mode. (example- like u can use any type of harddrive in RAID)

Not only is it dual channel but socket 939 supports hyper transport which i think is 2gb. There is no reason to go with 745.

well how much farther in the year would they release it? from what you guys told me ima change my plan and buy every computer part except the mobo and processor. once the 939 mobo's and proccessors come out i'll buy em and build the comp rite away... sound good? also would this mobo and ram be great for gaming?

Mobo

ram

and from there do i need to get n e other better parts?

if u decide on waiting for the 939 a64's , u may wont to wait on buy Ram/Vid/Mobo ect.. since parts get cheaper with time, and u cant put it together witha processor anyway, u may as well buy those parts when u buy the processor.

i didnt research any 64 bourds yet, but the one u linked doesnt use Dual DDR.

the ram is personl preferenc(i guess) ,i'd be just as stisfied with cas3 ram and save the extra bucks... the diff between cas2 and cas3 is prolly only measuable in Micro Seconds or somethingorOther.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom