Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had multiple machines daisy chained on a power strip that is plugged into one outlet before at a lan party and never had trouble. I have easily passed the 1000watt mark. the only load trouble I have ever had was in older buildings.

Houses are getting pretty old, you know. And lan parties are at commercial buildings, which aren't your regular house plug in. Even Nos told me this, ffs. We decided that 2k PSU would need two outlets in a house, and most people with 2k watts are engineers at commercial buildings.

You know they do build new houses. You can have a Lan Party at a house. A standard power outlet should give right around the same power at a commercial building as it would at a house. There are different kinds of outlets but they will normally have a different shape for the connection and you can have them at a house or commercial building but they should still be basically the same for the output (look at a fridge, its probably not using the same plug as your computer). And yeah that 2k psu posted earlier had 2 spots for a power cord.

You know they do build new houses. You can have a Lan Party at a house. A standard power outlet should give right around the same power at a commercial building as it would at a house. There are different kinds of outlets but they will normally have a different shape for the connection and you can have them at a house or commercial building but they should still be basically the same for the output (look at a fridge, its probably not using the same plug as your computer). And yeah that 2k psu posted earlier had 2 spots for a power cord.

i use all my outlets in my room lol.

how many watts equals 1 volt btw?

watts = voltage x amps

1v x 1 amp = 1 watt

.5v x 2 amp = 1 watt

1v x 2 amp = 2 watt

isnt a way to figure out voltage with just wattage. u need to know the amperage along with it.

the standard plugs here are fused to 13amp....that's almost 3000 watts. Not sure what the fuses in the tripboxes are but I'm pretty sure they are well over that.

Besides, it's like the puter is going to be at maximum GPU and CPU load all the time.

Lol I am an elcetricity fiend I have everything plugged into a powers strip and power cube there are 8 plugs running under my desk with 3 more available, which two of use to power my tri monitor setup and occasionally charge my laptop. My house is 1730's and we still have plug sockets around that work and are 2 pin lol bloody ancient by Uk standards. The wiring was last done in the 70's so its fairly old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom