HARDCORE COMPUTER'S "REACTOR" project

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. its getting very techey in here. i heard a while ago that some guy in australia had australias most powerfull gaming rig he used dry ice to cool it:confused: how the did he do it. im not sure if its true though because i have very very wierd dreams at times and i mean wierd

actually... silver is a much better thermal conductor than almost anything (429 W/mK)... water is only 0.6, aluminium is 200 and copper is 380...

what zepfan was saying silver heats very rapidly (takes less energy to increase the atomic kinetic energy), while aluminium heats slowest of any metal... when building a rad, you want the material that will heat as slow as possible, because once the surface gets to a certain heat (based on the air temperature) its starts to lack heat dissipating ability, so if this energy can be stored in the metal, the overall performance increases

high conductivity, high heating metals (Cu, Ag, etc) are used to conduct heat away from components (CPU, GPU, etc)

I know that man. But Copper is already expensive. I don't want to know how much it would cost to make it out of silver. I didn't mean the best conductivity wise. I mean the best overall.

Yea, I'm still waiting on them, in the mean time I've got a project for NZXT that arrived, I'm modding their Khaos case. I should have some pics up soon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom