I need 2 apps? Need recommends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
I'm looking for 2 programs, but I want the best there are and want to know your favo(u)rites!

This is what I need:

-A simple Popup-blocker, it has to start with IE.

-Some tool to monitor my Gmail-account without the need to open IE.

Please recommend some stuff!!

Thanks

For IE: XPSP2 has a great pop-up blocker. Doesn't work 100%, but what pop-up blocker does?

As for GMail, I was under the impression that that was all web-interface used? Webmail. I'll bet you could search the GMail site for information on connecting to your account through a desktop application like Outlook or Mulberry.

I believe that the Google Toolbar has a built-in popup blocker. I don't use it, though.

I'll have to do some looking for the GMail POP access. I remember hearing something about it. The only problem was that it wasn't through Google. You had to access some third party.

Well you COULD do pop-up blocking yourself. Just conform to a strict regiment of Ad-aware runs, SpywareBlaster runs, Norton, IE security tweaks, LocalHost file editing, netstat pings, and so on... Of course, not even that will prevent the pop-ups from coming in once in a while.

If Gmail doesn't support POP3 or SMTP, I doubt there's a way to monitor it without useing the web interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom