Building a Cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooBree

Baseband Member
ok im thinkn about having a guy build me a computer and im really wanting to have a core i7 processor in it but im completly computer illiterate and dont kno wat to put in it and the prices so i was wonderin if anyone could complile a list for me to give to the guy to build for me... now i do alot of downloading and uploadin and converting and stuff like that and i need sumthin thats gunna support all that alota speed i dont play games so i wont need alota gaming hardware just basically surfing web downloadin uploadin and converting and burning.... my price range is anywhere from up 1200 but the lower the better...thanks alot if you could help me

I wouldn't recommend an i7 for you. Go with a socket 775 and save a boat load of money. I would say you should go with, at max, an E8400. Though someone may recommend a quad-core. Lemme look up some parts.

EDIT: By the way, do you need everything? Monitor, case, keyboard, mouse, etc?

I would recommend the i7 for heavy gamers or for people that do loads of crazy work and have to multitask a whole lot of programs. It's insanely fast, and the processor is cheap for the performance, but with the cost of the mobo and the RAM, it gets to be over 1200 bucks, especially if you need a monitor and other stuff.

see like right now i try to run like 10 programs on a duo core and it runs it into tha ground i was lookin at the i believe intel quad Q6600 i believe or it was arond that name but i dont kno much about how it would work with all the things i do

edit....ill buy the monitor mouse and keyboard serperate....

Pentium Dual Core E2180 / 2 GHz i believe thats the one but i see AMD on outside of my computer

The E8400 blows the pants off of that processor, but if you want to grab a quad core, I'll look at your options...still looking up parts, almost got them together.

By the by, I recommend getting your monitor off of newegg, they have some pretty sweet deals on good size monitors.

i got a freind that works at a local walmart i saw a nice 22 inch del monitor lcd for 248 maybe less and i could use his discount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom