Yay for EVGA RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to provide the receipt. I bought it through ZipZoomFly, so I contacted them and they emailed me a PDF of the receipt the same day. ;)

lol they aint gonna give you a 295 for a 7950x2. maybe a gts 512 or a 9600.
their RMA is the bomb, though. especially if you upgraded to advance RMA when you registered it.

Hmm so I looked into the whole core clock discrepancy issue ( Rivatuner reports my 9800 GTX+ core clock at 675 mhz ). I noticed EVGA has 3 9800 GTXs on their product list:

9800 GTX+ Superclocked which is at 756 mhz
9800 GTX+ which is at 740 mhz
9800 GTX which is at 675 mhz

so it got me wondering...how do I even know I have a 9800 GTX+ with the 55nm chip? Anyway to find out? So far the only evidence that I do indeed have the + varient is its written in the RMA form, in the dual slot sticker, and in the nvidia control panel it says: 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+.

All 9800GTX+'s are 55nm.

I know have a 9800 GTX for sure, but the question I am asking is wether or not its of the + varient which offers the 55 nm as opposed to the 65 nm the non + varient has. The reason I suspect I may have a non + varient despite all the factors I mentioned ( stickers, documentation saying its a + varient ) , is that the clock speed was set at the same as a non + 9800 GTX. I dunno...just seems kind of unlikely EVGA accidently set it at the wrong clock speed, oh and I'm also a very pessimistic person :p

YOU READ MY MIND! Wel, kind of.. I planned to get a 7950X2, OC it to death, and RMA it for a GTX295. xDD Or do they still make GX2's? Crap..

About that..

You'd be getting like a 8800 or a GTX 200 card most likely... /epic fail

so it got me wondering...how do I even know I have a 9800 GTX+ with the 55nm chip? Anyway to find out? So far the only evidence that I do indeed have the + varient is its written in the RMA form, in the dual slot sticker, and in the nvidia control panel it says: 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+.

gpuz will tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom