Ocing probs.. Biostar i45

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
Proc: qx6700

I installed the Biostar TPower i45 the other night and tried to overclock it. I got to 3.5GHz and the computer gave me a blue screen once in windows.. not under any real load.

STOP: 0x0000007F (00....8, 0X00.....800500031, 0X0000....6F8, 0X00....6E627EC8)

CPU: 3.5GHz
Multiplier: 11x
FSB: 318

CoreTM: disabled
C1E: disabled
Intel Speedstep: disabled

On my 780i 3.5GHz was a breeze.. stable two.. I could get up to 3.7GHz for a little while.. and on the Biostar I just cant overclock this thing at all..

I tried it at 3.0GHz
Multiplier: 11x
FSB: 272

and still blue screen...

Sometimes My computer will just freeze up and I see black blocks all over my screen.. and I have to power it off.. I am thinking that this might be because the graphics card is overclocked too high via the FSB.. but how?? 9800GTX+ at just 272FSB gives me the black blocked screen? It didn't on the 780i..

Ram timings auto.. ram type: 4GB DDR2 1100 PC2 8800 OCZ @ 5-5-5-15 2T/Auto

All of my voltages were set to Auto.

Heat is no issue at all.. I am water cooled..

ok 1.35v on CPU.. trying for 3.5 again..

I set the FSB to 291
Multi to 12x
CPU = 3497GHz

CPU VID: 1.5V! - When I went into the CPU section to change my voltage the lowest voltage was 1.5V.. then above that it said "default" and went down to 1.6V..(maybe more than 1.6V but doubt it)

Stable so far in windows...

CPU temp is 91.4F - 32C

Don't try 3.5 right away. Start with a lower setting. Start with 10x295FSB. The QX6700 isn't too great an overclocker as I only ever got mine to 3.28GHz on watercooling.

hmm something is not right, 1.5 should not be your vid. intel says not to go any higher than 1.4v or something like that. you got the latest bios?

I ran the BIOS update thing on the software that came on the disk.. (the one with the Robot...)
I think it says the BIOS is 2008.. checking website to see..

BIOSTAR

Date: 7/10/08 - what is the TPower II under it? It has a newer date.. but my Motherboard is just a TPower? I guess I'll install the TPower II BIOS.. and check for a version in the BIOS..

with a qx you don't touch the fsb and just increase the multi... so there's your first issue, secondly don't leave your voltages on auto. that's a rookie mistake. put them on actual numbers and increase if necessary.

Increasing the FSB gives faster response time? which is what I want.. the speed... but.. you means i should like put the multi at 15x? that seems really high.. will the CPU not work at a specific multi? I know it isnt really unlimited.. lol

but as for the voltages.. this motherboard confuses me some.. soo many different voltages and such.. so i left auto.. I guess all i'd have to touch is the CPU voltage though if I just increase the multi..

BIOS seems to be at latest version..

also rember your ram and fsb are linked now, there is no going in unlinked mode and easily overclocking it. that was one of my first noob mistakes i made when i got my new board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom