computer will not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpo

Solid State Member
Hello All. I would like to know why my computer will not start up. worked fine when I shut it down the night before. I get all the lights on the motherboard so I don't think it's my PSU. This was a new build a month ago. Any Ideas would be appreciated.thanks

When you try to turn it on, does the hard drives, fans etc. come on? Do you hear any beep codes?

Some things to check for is loose wires/hardware. Even if it doesn't look loose you should try reseating them to be sure.

If that doesn't work, try clearing the cmos(Taking out the small watch type battery on the motherboard) make sure to leave it out a minute or two before putting it back on.

When you try to turn it on, does the hard drives, fans etc. come on? Do you hear any beep codes?

Some things to check for is loose wires/hardware. Even if it doesn't look loose you should try reseating them to be sure.

If that doesn't work, try clearing the cmos(Taking out the small watch type battery on the motherboard) make sure to leave it out a minute or two before putting it back on.
Thanks, I'll check my wires again. When I try to start the computer, there is no beeps and my CPU fan does try and start. I do have a cmos reset button on the mobo, will that work?

Try taking the RAM out then turning it on. If it doesn't beep, then your mobo is most likely screwed.

im having a similar problem... I kicked my cpu over onto its side the other night and now nothing will come up. All the fans and lights come on ect. I just tried taking my ram out and starting it... NO BEEPS. is this pretty certain my motherboard is ****ed?

its a biostar t-series mobo.... not sure what exact model it is

ok, checked my wires and all is fine. rebooted the cmos ...nothing. Tried starting computer with the ram out and still nothing. Computer is now in with the computer experts....will post results when I get it back...Thanks All!!

I was actually referring to the light on the tower power button, but I guess it doesn't matter 'cause you already took it somewhere.:)
I still think it was the power supply....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom