Looking to build a PC for around $700 cdn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenG

Beta member
Just looking to game on a few games (Diablo 3, The Witcher, WoW).

Looking to build a PC for around $700 cdn. One that'll hook up to my 32" HDTV. Anyone have a build for the above? Please use newegg.ca :)

And for those who help thank you in advance.

Do you want to hook up to the TV via HDMI or DVI? If you are looking for HDMI the selection is much smaller. I havent seen a ton of cards out there that offer it.

Do you want to hook up to the TV via HDMI or DVI? If you are looking for HDMI the selection is much smaller. I havent seen a ton of cards out there that offer it.

They have HDMI-DVI cables out there. So which ever one would be cheaper preferably.

Honestly, search the forums for 500 doller budget builds. Then price it on neweeg.ca or ncix

That's pretty accurate for CAN pricing. When you think you have what you want post it here and some of the more knowledgeable guys will tweak it for you. The problem is that most these boys are US or UK so this shopping with loonies and toonies gets them all confused :D

They have HDMI-DVI cables out there. So which ever one would be cheaper preferably.

Then just go with a card with DVI outputs. There's a TON of options out there. Only reason I asked is because some people are very particular about their setups.

While NCIX is the best store to buy from in Canada you should buy the parts and build it yourself. NCIX, like all other computer retailers, charge a premium for them to build it for you.

That PC can run the games you want to.

As to your OS choice either is good. It's all a personal preference. Vista did have many problems in the beginning but like XP many have been fixed and it is now an all-round good OS.

Actually, NCIX isn't too bad, only like 50 bucks.

HOWEVER, you don't get the discounts they offer.

Wow, just priced it out on ncix, and thgey round to the nearest dollar! So I was 20 bucks less than the 783.98 they state, ........ Oh crap.. They didn't put the 20 instant, so Its actually the sAme.

Note though, either way its still 50 bucks to put together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom