4830 upgrade to a 9800 GTX+ advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, volt modding seems a bit complex for the 9800gtx but you can hit like 900MHZ and above. on the stock cooling mine never hits above 55C so it stays pretty cool.

You can, but only at lower resolutions.. The GDDR5 gives the HD 4870 gives a huge edge..

You cannot match the HD 4870 unless you get a good water cooler and OC the living crap out of it (on the 50)

My 9600GT with the G94 chipset was a nice overclocker, I was pushing around 838 MHz on the core before I noticed artifacts at 840 MHz, and on the stock cooler and off of the reference card card at 650 MHz factory, mine was a piece from the good batch , I'd love to see what i could push with water cooling on it..... hmm

also, for some reason (it may be a misread but it seems my shaders on my 9800 GT are magnificent (check the middle # in my sig)

hmm well I wasn't sure, just not to keen on what exactly would be high for shader clocks, nowadays most people just look at how many shaders there are, and I didn't push with the shaders at all they just adjusted to the DDR3 speeds, maybe I can push them a bit further :D

hmm, well i dont recommend trying for 2400mhz because the 9800gtx's were mad overclockers compared to the rest of the g92, just go for like 2100.

yeh, I was gonna go for the BE 9800gtx+ but then the 4850 hit the market and I decided to stand back and wait with my 9800 GT in hand. anyways sorry I'm not trying to hijack the thread, with that said I'd say he could see a nice increase with the 9800GTX and like you said

the 9800gtx's were mad overclockers compared to the rest of the g92

EDIT: excuse me GTX "+" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom