What would be the cheapest price for a budget i7 build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not comparable to the i7's, its comparable to the mid range C2Q, even the higher end C2Q will beat it.

No it's not comparable to the i7's, its comparable to the mid range C2Q, even the higher end C2Q will beat it.

Ya, its only an upgrade option to the AMD users, or who have an AM2 board and are too cheap to buy a new board and new Cooler, or the other users here who just do not like Intel in general

The i7 will be top dog for at least the next year, if not longer. Nehalem has been greatly anticipated for at least the last 2 years.

When will the mainstream i7 stuff be available and whats going to happen with the current X58's and LGA1366?

Weren't those suppose to use a different socket (LGA1156) and only have dual channel ram? In any case I would think the current boards would still be fine since their suppose to be the higher end and there will probably be new chips for them later.

Weren't those suppose to use a different socket (LGA1156) and only have dual channel ram? In any case I would think the current boards would still be fine since their suppose to be the higher end and there will probably be new chips for them later.

Yep, they were called..... Westmere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom