Black Screen of Death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snp42

Solid State Member
Alright I just got a new PC on Thursday and everything was going well untill Yesterday, I don't know if this is a hardware issue or a issue with my OS or what but as I have been playing World of Warcraft (only time it has happened so far). My Monitor will just go black the No Signal box will pop up and my computer freezes with nothing I can do but hard boot it back. It happened after I was playing for about 4 or 5 hours on sunday and then repeatedly after that point probably within 30 minutes or so of trying again.

Here are my Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400(3.0GHz)
64 bit Dual Core Processor
6MB L2 Cache
4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800
500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512MB PCI Express Video Card
Realtek ALC883 Audio
Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
ASUS P5N-E SLI Motherboard
NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI Chipset

Anyone have any ideas let me know.

Have you downloaded the newest video card drivers and get them from nvidia.com?

Try and give a synopsis of what you have tried to fix the problem so far.

Yeah, That is the first thing I tried after it happened. I have not attempted anything else at this point, trying to get some ideas. Was thinking of wiping it and putting vista on again seeing if that fixed the problem.

That's a little drastic at this point. Download the programs RealTemp and ATITool. Install both of them and run them with WoW open and running. Play WoW for about 20 minutes and keep checking what temperatures your CPU and video card are at. Post them here.

seems to be caping out at 50 and 51 degree's celcius.... that atitool keeps giving me errors when i try to run it also.

Alright you can use either PCWizard or RivaTuner to find your video card temp. RivaTuner is the better but fairly complex to navigate.

the video card seems to be sitting at 58... that pc wizard is what i was using couldnt figure out how to get it to display in the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom