First post - First build - HT/Media/Multi-Task Build Reco's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gpu has a inbuilt in sound processor nvidia gpu's have a spdif input that allows for sound input for hdmi and ati uses onboard sound processing units. Tbh I would consider the onboard hdmi output fine if you want to improve later when you have better funds then get the asus xonar d2x or the auzentech high def card which hasn't been released yet, depends how impatient you are :).

Raid 5 adds data redundacy which means if one drive fails the you haven't lost the entirety of the data unless a second hdd fails within the time it takes you to order a new drive and "rebuild" the array. Samsung are the quietest drives and highly reliable company really can't fault.

As philbar said if you want true fast performance get a solid state disk that will be extreme, the raptors as of late from WD have been a bit dodgy it happens to all companies that they have a few months of dodgy products, imo OCZ make the best competitively priced ssd's. It only really makes a difference to start up times and perhaps your photoshop if your working from the os drive.

You don't need the soundcard the 4830 has an onboard audio processor which will go down the hdmi like. Same speed but cheaper ram after rebate Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

cool, i went back to that memory and scraped the sound card, i forgot we talked about the hdmi out which i like. i can always throw in a card down the road if needed. i also added two optical drives and a card reader.

i also switched cases. while i like the look of the lian, after reading reviews i think i may be better off with an Antec because this is my first time and the easier the better....

what else do i need? cable ties for wire managment? anti static strap? additional wires? thermal paste? a new car?

New car would help greatly nothing like V8 powered pc. Cable ties if you want I use some insulation tape and got a few cable ties with my psu. Case came with some wire channeling clips. Don't need anti-static stuff just don't moonwalk on carpet wearing your favourite teflon or all polyster outfit whilst holding components. If you want to be really anal get some wire and wrap it round your wrist and hooked onto the case frame, but that really is excessive. Touch the metal frame of the case to ground yourself before picking components up and out of anti-static bags. Core contact comes with preapplied thermal paste. You shouldn't need any additional wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom