Hard Drive trouble (just shoot me now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abunai007

Beta member
Okay first of all, this is my first post...and the main reason i joined this forum, anyways apologies if this wastes your time if its somewhere else on this forum or on the web, I have tried to find it on the web in general and its not very helpful
NOT NECESSARY READING^

anyways onto my question:
Okay so I have a 2005/06 ish era Dell XPS 400, I have tons of files on it that would be a huuuuge pain to move onto a new computer. It came with a 60gb Western Digital hard drive, about 6 or 7 months ago i put in another WD hdd this time 160 gb into the other space i had inside the stock case for a hdd. I also have an external Seagate Free agent (320g) thats plugged in pretty much all the time. I keep most of my school docs on my free agent and any pictures or videos or any other misc. stuff mostly on that. I keep pretty much bare bones program/system files and music on my 60gb and then my 160 gb doesnt have anything really because the free agent is so big that it can handle everything else. My 60gb has about 40 gbs of program files and the rest is scattered about my documents or music. I have less than a gb of free space and i want to (my original intentions with it) completely copy the drive and its partitions to the 160gb internal. I know this sounds easy and redundant but the problem is, dell put like 2 or 3 partitions on the 60g for like factory reset and stuff. Also its really annoying because when i try to change the drive name so that it will refer to the new one as C the whole computer changed to refer to the old drive and all kinds of problems its really a nightmare. I thought norton ghost would help, i copied the main drive partition no problem, but when it came to the partitions, i would have to partition the new drive in the formats and then copy each partition and all this crap and im starting to ramble. Anyways...any suggestions, sorry if its really lengthy, and i didnt provide all the details so just ask if you need them and ill try.

thanks a million in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom