What do you think of this rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These threads annoy me.

OP "Should I get all these super expensive parts guys?!?!!?"
Forum "No, no, waste of money, blah blah blah."
OP "Already bought everything, the end"

It's like, if you really want help in picking out the parts to a kickarse system, fine, we'll put in the time, make recommendations, and figure out what it is you need. But when you ask for help and then ignore our advice, that ticks me off.

Enjoy your $6000 box.

Well its not that way with me I always go High End with my systems. I do not overclock or upgrade every year. If you don't overclock but, want decent speed which one do you choose? I guess your right its just better to just build what I want and not bother posting it. Computers change daily my rig is already not high end. I guess the 3.2 extreme is best for OCing.

Well its not that way with me I always go High End with my systems. I do not overclock or upgrade every year. If you don't overclock but, want decent speed which one do you choose? I guess your right its just better to just build what I want and not bother posting it. Computers change daily my rig is already not high end. I guess the 3.2 extreme is best for OCing.

well your system really isnt that highend anymore cuz the gtx 295 came out and one of those cards is just as powerful as for gtx280 sli can cost $150 less.

its kinda dumb to buy a extreme processor if you not going to overclock it, it was what they were made to do, they have a unlocked multiplier... if u dont overclock it its kinda dumb cuz i could take a $300 i7 920 and have it running way over what your $1000 cpu is at and save $700

i agree people post hey i need help pickin out some parts, then later they post, oh i already bought my cpu, motherboard, videocards, and sound card, really all i need help figuring out is what raid would be best for me.

just a note to you, you would have saved over $1000, if u would have listened to us, but nooooo you think u know what high end is.

YOU'RE NOT GONNA OVERCLOCK IT?! WTF?! Dude... I wanted to help you build the ultimate computer, but you just shunned me, like everyone else. No GTX295 X2 for you, and probably could go up to 5 GHz, with OCing. 5GHz!!!!!

I have never had an OC'd system how long would one last vs not doing it? Don't OC fans upgrade their rigs every 2 yrs? If I did overclock I doubt my HSF is good enough.

If it works for you this is fine one thing aluminum heatsinks are not as good as copper ones try a ZeroTherm its made of copper it is the most conductive in heat dissipation.
How much did you soak yourself buying a Terrabyte Harddrive they run hotter than smaller harddrives 200-500 gb if you fill it up with data id like to see that. Anyway have fun.

The filling with data thing isn't a problem, really. Between all my HDDs at the moment, I have about 900gb of data sitting around, lol. And if you do HD video, it gets eaten up very quick.

The really tragedy here is the money spent or that will be spent on this machine. ****, I had a wishlist on newegg that was the ultimate computer and cost over 6 grand, but I'm not stupid enough to actually want to buy all that crap. That was just for my own *****/giggles/pipe dreams. Even if I had the money to spend on that machine I would never do it. Can't justify it.

So unless you're some rich musician or something that urinates six grand each morning, then you really have just gone way overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom