Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooBree

Baseband Member
Ok this may sound stupid but i have a question

ok i have a duo core processor with 2 ghz i believe, but i see that there is a quad core processor at 2.4 ghz now i kno that a quad core is better but when i look at the ghz it looks to me like its only slightly better or is 2.4ghz substantially better...Also what about the core i7 at 2.6ghz is that also substantially better than a quad core at 2.4 or what???

will depend on the program you are using, some are wrote to take advantage of all those cores, some aren't.

I believe core i7 is about what? 10-15% faster than 45nm core 2 quad?
correct me if I am wrong

well for the money which is better a quad at 2.83 ghz or the new core i7 at 2.66ghz with correct programming

what im sayin tho is how much greater is a quad core at 2.4ghz than a duo core at 2 ghz is it more than jus .4 ghz more or is there sumthin that seperate them other than 2 other processors

what im sayin tho is how much greater is a quad core at 2.4ghz than a duo core at 2 ghz is it more than jus .4 ghz more or is there sumthin that seperate them other than 2 other processors

that all would depend on what you would be using it for.

as the times go by, more and more programs/games will use more cores.

a quad is your best bet if you will be doing alot of multi tasking.

but if your just playing a few low stress games and casual internet surfing, a cheap dual core would do the trick.

you lot are not understanding what hes asking, a 2ghz duel core is two 2ghz cores, a 2.4 ghz quadcore is four 2.4ghz cores, so theoretically the quadcore is faster, and you need to specify which quadcores you are comparing the i7 to.

it's better because theoretically it can do twice as much. But you also have to put in effect that they use different architectures which make them faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom