*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

we don't really ahve anybody with 280's. and veedub hasnt' benched at all with his setup so it isn't really that suprising.. Once summer comes along and people have more free time on their hands the benching will certainly pick up i feel ;)

Back in the day these forums used to be packed with people with high up systems. I had a top of the line AthlonXP and felt like a piece of crap compared to the others here lol. Come back after a few years and :freak: ppl are using old tech. I mean compared to other people on my other forums my 18+k is almost junk =/

A lot of those other forums have members who pour a lot of cash into their builds and to them its less of a hobby and more of a lifestyle. Places like Xtreme Systems have several users like Nosboost. One of the reasons is because we are smaller. The other is because they are geared more towards enthusiast system building whereas TF is general tech.

TPU and Bjorn3d isnt really all extreme enthusiast like XS but we all have better PCs. This place like 4 years ago had people runnin FX cpus and after that X2s. We had the Venice craze and 7800GTXs where in like every machine almost. Its kinda wierd how much its changed.

price/performance isn't what it used to be. The top of the line video cards topped out at ~$350/$400. Now they can get higher, and for a time they got much higher.

Lol im running $190 cards and a cpu i got from Ebay for $126 mixed with $60 ram. Its just the crew around here has changed cept a few people.

Nice.

I think the sb600 chipset may be holding you back a bit. Im gonna start ordering the parts for my build soon.

Back
Top Bottom