Which AMD chip to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senseis

Baseband Member
I'm in the market for a new AMD chip and I was just wondering what is better for speed such as data processing and gaming..?

a) 64 bit AMD
b)opteron
c) mp

Which one of these you guys/girls go for and why?

Thanks for any replies.

If you have the money go for a socket 939 motherboard for an AMD 64. The 939 interface is the future of AMD, so it will last a while. Next up would be the socket 754 for an AMD 64.

ok, but i'm looking for something in the socket 754 range approx. $300cdn. And I thought 2 is always better than one, chip that is.?

socket 939 will be continued to be worked upon and upgraded....they wont be doing the same with 754 or 940....socket 939 is the best to go with

Yeah, i would recommend the 939 too, if you got the money. If you don't, save up for it.

What do you mean by it lasting? as in durability or do you mean that it's not goin to get out of dated fast?

It's not going to be outdated as quickly as the socket 754 and socket 940. They are going to continually work on and upgrade the architecture of the Socket 939 based processors is what we're saying. So a year from now...they'll have a bigger and better chip like the FX-90! or something like that and it'll be for socket 939 gaurenteed....where socket 754 and 940...if you buy it now....then you won't be able to upgrade the processor in the future ya see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom