4830 upgrade to a 9800 GTX+ advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
woooo there man it wont over clock to a gtx 260 speeds at all.the 9800gtx+ is a nice card and all but wont compete with a gtx 260. anyway the 9800gtx+ at that price is an amazing deal id jump on it as soon as you can the 9800gtx+ will be a nice bit faster and even nicer when clocked at 850.

Someone on these forums said they can.. >.> They said it was a great OCer.

MoBo is a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L.

Alright, thanks for the advice.

Anyone want to buy a gently used 4830?

How much are you selling it for? I came across this post when I was browsing for some 4830 performance reviews. I am interested.

How much are you selling it for? I came across this post when I was browsing for some 4830 performance reviews. I am interested.

This section is not for making deals.

Someone on these forums said they can.. >.> They said it was a great OCer.

They're pretty good OCers, and with a lot of work you could probably kick on the heels of the 4850, which is similar in performance to a 9800GTX+. This is why I don't recommend wasting the energy and time on this upgrade.

The GTX 260 is still in another league

woooo there man it wont over clock to a gtx 260 speeds at all.the 9800gtx+ is a nice card and all but wont compete with a gtx 260. anyway the 9800gtx+ at that price is an amazing deal id jump on it as soon as you can the 9800gtx+ will be a nice bit faster and even nicer when clocked at 850.

I think he meant the actual clock speeds, not performance. That was evident.

As for actual possible clock speeds it all depends on the card. For instance i can get my XFX 9800GTX+ up to 840/2275/1250 on the stock cooler with no mods but my Leadtek wont go that far. It caps about 835/2200/1175. Just to be on the safe side with no problems i keep them at 840/2200/1100 (stock ram speed). I compete with single 280 with AA turned on. With a single 9800GTX+ i was getting about 12k in 3dmark06 and was able to max every game.

These cards are very nice and definately arent low grade at all. Depending on what res youll be playing at this card should grant you a good deal of performance. I suggest having a decent cpu to back it up as well.

i pushed my 9800gtx to 860mhz core once a while back while doing a crysis benchmark. so i would imagine the + would be able to go just as high.

well it does not run at those clocks 24/7 just long enough for a few benchmarks. usually i run it at 800mhz for 24/7. never seen any artifacts, just see a black screen when i overclock it too high.

Both of mine stay at 820 24/7 with stock coolers. The XFX when i try to go to 842 i get instant artifacting when trying to play a game or bench. Needs more volts to go higher but i think my volt modding days ended with my last 7950GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom