4830 upgrade to a 9800 GTX+ advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabak80

Baseband Member
I bought a 4830 last month since it was on sale with a special cash back option and I have been pretty happy with it.

I found out last week that I am able to purchase a new 9800 GTX+ at cost (pretty cheap, ~$100).

Obviously I can't keep both, so I was going to purchase the GTX+ and sell the 4830.

However, is it even worth my time selling the 4830 to upgrade to the GTX+? If it's not a noticeable upgrade/difference, maybe I won't go through with it.

Is it worth the trouble?

4830=9800GT
4850=9800GTX+

You might want to get it, because it can OC to a GTX260's speed. I would just sell the 4830, and buy the 9800GTX+, but what's your mobo?

woooo there man it wont over clock to a gtx 260 speeds at all.the 9800gtx+ is a nice card and all but wont compete with a gtx 260. anyway the 9800gtx+ at that price is an amazing deal id jump on it as soon as you can the 9800gtx+ will be a nice bit faster and even nicer when clocked at 850.

It's highly overclockable, so you're bound to notice a performance increase. It just depends if you're willing to pay for that increase.

What on Earth are you on about Jewels? by the time you have spent the money on a new cooler and OC'd it you would of paid more then the gtx 280 at $280. Liquid nitrogen does work wonders e.g. a 2.3ghz atom processor but its expensive. The 9800gtx also has the flaw of all G92 cards Antialiasing cripples it same with the 4830 and to a lesser extent the 4850

Even at stock speeds a performance difference is noticeable, and "highly" was relative to other cards using stock coolers.

MoBo is a Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L.

Alright, thanks for the advice.

Anyone want to buy a gently used 4830?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom