Overclocking guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
Hey all, I looked to see if there was an OCing guide on these forums; couldn't find one. If there is one, could someone please direct me to it, and if there isn't, could someone direct me to a guide (or guides) elsewhere?

I have a Q6600.

Thanks,
- Yami

I don't mean to be the ***** *** noob, but that 'How-To' thread will take me a week to digest. Is there any way someone can dumb this information down a little bit? It seems that article has a bunch of things which don't pertain to me, such as changing ram timings and what not (I just want to do some basic E5200 overclocking).

I know overclocking is a pretty complex subject, but I think that article is a little more dense than it needs to be for a beginner overclocker...can anyone help me (and countless others, I'm sure) out? Even just providing a good starting point would be helpful.

And just to let you know, I've read the entire article - just not 100% clear on what I need to be doing.

It seems that article has a bunch of things which don't pertain to me, such as changing ram timings and what not (I just want to do some basic E5200 overclocking).
I believe that sometimes when you overclock your CPU, you need to change RAM timings/speeds (and quite a few other things) to match it.

-
Anyway, thanks folks for the links, very in-depth reads :)

I don't mean to be the ***** *** noob, but that 'How-To' thread will take me a week to digest. Is there any way someone can dumb this information down a little bit? It seems that article has a bunch of things which don't pertain to me, such as changing ram timings and what not (I just want to do some basic E5200 overclocking).

I know overclocking is a pretty complex subject, but I think that article is a little more dense than it needs to be for a beginner overclocker...can anyone help me (and countless others, I'm sure) out? Even just providing a good starting point would be helpful.

And just to let you know, I've read the entire article - just not 100% clear on what I need to be doing.

Take the week to digest it then.

Everything it covers is more often than not, required to overclock.

If you've never messed around in the bios before and don't know what your doing, you can screw up things pretty well.

It is that long for a reason. It teaches theory and terminology. You cant just go into your bios and start punching in numbers. You will fry your cpu. That guide is designed to give you a good foundation of overclocking. From there you learn the specifics of the processor that you are working on. But never jump into OCing without a firm understanding of what you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom