One of Top-4 Mobo Makers Will Quit After 3 Years, MSI VP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well abit dropped out and they were a good company. I think MSI may drop out ECS has prebuilts and that is the majority market so they won't be going anywhere. Asus are more of a conglomoration now they have so many product areas but they still see themselves at the head of the motherboard market. If you want a extreme pc then the asus maximus 2 formula or striker 2 extreme boards are the most feature packed out there. Gigabyte has the mid-market pretty covered but the non involvement in prebuilts may make them weak so they may fall.

I am using a PC that has a fair but of ASUS components in (mobo, gfx card, cooler) and to be honest I like em just as much as I do gigabyte.

Well abit dropped out and they were a good company. I think MSI may drop out ECS has prebuilts and that is the majority market so they won't be going anywhere. Asus are more of a conglomoration now they have so many product areas but they still see themselves at the head of the motherboard market. If you want a extreme pc then the asus maximus 2 formula or striker 2 extreme boards are the most feature packed out there. Gigabyte has the mid-market pretty covered but the non involvement in prebuilts may make them weak so they may fall.

I agree for the most part, although I don't think Gigabyte will be going anywhere... I've seen a whole lot of people with Gigabyte boards since generally they are the cheapest boards that still have decent specs/performance

MSI on the otherhand...

msi makes great AMD boards. like hte k9a platinum, and the k9af. amazing boards..

Yeah, my K9A Platinum is a very nice board...I really like it. Bummer that it doesn't support PHII though. :(

It will probably be MSI that drops unfortunately.

MSI has been pretty good to me. Occassionally I have gone for MSI as they were offering some thing that the other venders where not.

I don't think it would be Asus or Gigabyte.

I am hoping for ECS, but as trottor says, ECS is rather populare with the pre-build market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom