saving files and extracting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
ok..whenever i download big files...or afterwards extract those files, can i make windows save directly to HD first or extract straight to destination, INSTEAD of it extracting to a temp folder..THEN RECOPYING it to destination. I remember it never doing that before but now its taking more time to do crap. Is this something i can change?

ok let me reword it sorry. Say i download the doom3 demo. i right click and hit save as , liek i always do. It downloads and finishes, BUT right after download window is gone another box shows up saying copying file to c:download from temp or something to that effect. Same thing happens to anything i extract with winrar or zip. It extracts file to windows/temp taking 30seconds then COPIES the file to where i had it save to in the first place.Which takes another 2mins. Its annoying. Does that make more sense.

Isnt there a way to have anything downloaded or extracted just be written straight to HD instead holding it in a temp then recopying?

as far as I know winrar only does this when you open a file inside a compressed filewithout extracting it to another folder first

WinRAR winACE WinZIP all do the same whether i run before extracting(which i dont do) or after.Same goes with anything bigger than 30mb from the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom