How important is a good tower or case for a gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Case is what give you the ability to cool your computer, ability to put parts in various configurations, etc... some cases are over priced for what they offer, but for the most part, you get what you pay for... The better the case, the more options you have in it.

some people think so...personally : it's just a box to me....only so many ways you can arrange things so it can't make that much of a difference.

i think sticking around the $100-150 area is a good choice. Oh yea..there is watercooling, case difference means a lot there because it can determines how many loops you have, how big of a loop, mount it inside/outside...etc

Oh yea..there is watercooling, case difference means a lot there because it can determines how many loops you have, how big of a loop, mount it inside/outside...etc

To a point, it all comes down to how much work you want to do.

I've seen water cooled shuttle pc's that look **** good, but I know it took a lot of work to get that to work.

I think the best cases are in the 125-200 range.

Generally the more you spend on the case, the better material it will be made of, the more well built it will be, and the more features it will have.

Buy a nice case and it will last you years.

Buy a cheap piece of crud and things my break on it in a year.

It's like the difference in buying a Kia versus a Honda. Both will get you to the same point, both have nearly the same amenities, but one will last 300K miles while the other might not last 100k.

Your choice of case is piviotal and is every bit as important as any other componant in the PC. Airflow, dust filtration, number of drives, noise, form factor, robustness, weight, size and features, all of these properties are partially or entirely reliant on your choice of case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom