Laptop freezes on XP login screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badman

Beta member
Fujitsu LifeBook A Series A3210

Waked up this morning finding my laptop freezing on the welcome/login screen. I'm able to move my cursor, but I cannot click anything or type anything. I can still hear the fan going, but I'm not sure what the other sound is. (Sorry, I'm not good with computers).

So what is your question exactly ? Hold the power button down for about 5-8 seconds, until it turns off. Then restart it. Maybe it will be all better.

You must have checked your power settings I imagine, or is it frozen all the time ? Can you get to your power settings ?

I am facing exactly the same issue.. here are some symptoms (OS - XP)
- Logon screen comes up, moment I type one key it freezes.
- If I boot in safe mode... it works... but again it gets freezes at anytime depending on its mood sometimes it works for 1 hour sometime 2...

- I suspect it is some driver conflict/corruption issue... but unable to figure out what......

Is there anyway... i can run a check... on registry......??

Probably a driver conflict within windows. If you've installed something new as of recent roll back the driver or uninstall the program. If you haven't try booting into safe mode and using a restore point back to an earlier date before this error started occuring. If that doesn't work if you have XP you can do a repair installation of the OS.

IF that doesn't work, you'll more than likely have to reinstall the entire system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom