New Build for Movies, office, and gaming... be brutally honest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, the monitor doesn't have to be 1900x1200... I would be happy with any monitor, as long as it could play hi-def movies (which I believe would make the second number in the resolution 1080 if I/m not mistaken)...

Yes hd is actually fairly low in the computing world just a sales hype really. hd movies are in 16:9 whilst 1920x1200 is 16:10 so you will get black bars top and bottom unless you force the aspect.

I see...So for my purposes (i.e. watching HD movies), you are saying I should get something like this:

Acer P244Wbii Glossy Black 24" 2ms (GTG) HDMI 16:9 Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000:1 ACM - Retail
Full 1080P resolution, HDMI cable included
Price: $320

Replaced optical drive to:

SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM
Price: $30

Thanks again for paying more attention than me!

There is a edit button in the bottom right if you want to add to a previous post rather then multi posting.

Is there one cheaper? In The UK where I am lightscribe adds cost and personally I would never use it so little point having it. can you post links would make it a lot easier for me to check you do the leg work I will submit the grey matter :)

Wafflehammer....
Thanks for your suggestion about the motherboard. I looked at it, and you are correct. It is cheaper. However, it also only supports 8GB of RAM (which I will admit is huge right now!). In 3 or 4 years, 8 GB of RAM could be like 512 is today... who knows...

Saltynay...
There doesn't appear to be one that is significantly cheaper...I doubt I'll use LS much, but I may for burning DVDs...

I am more than happy to do the leg-work...I am posting the updated build with links included momentarily... Thanks!

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail[/URL]

Ok, I'm doing something wrong. How does one post the links where others are able to simply click on them. I'd like to make it as easy as possible for everyone.

in 3-4 years this socket will be outdated and you'll be upgrading (even right now it's starting to become outdated since socket 1366/core i7 released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom